We coined the term Work SERVE to describe our programs. Volunteers work during the trip to serve those in need. We work with established organizations accustomed to hosting volunteer whenever possible and we will be in close contact with the directors of those programs to ensure they are reputable and actually serving the interests of the local community.
What to Expect
Work Serve volunteer work can be strenuous, and you can expect to spend most of each day outside at a high altitude on average of about 8 hours per day. Everyone participates and everyone lends a hand in meal preparation and cleanup. Lodging is very simple with separate space for men and women, and basic bathroom facilities.
Each volunteer trip requires fees to cover travel, room/board expenses and administrative costs. United Service Corps offers ways to help you raise the money as well.
Your trip fees include:
- Roundtrip flight to destination
- 9 nights accommodations
- 3 meals a day and drinks
- Excursions and activities
- Airport transfers and transportation during the trip
- A trip leader familiar with the destination country and speaks the native language
- Miscellaneous travel and administrative costs
- Pretrip training and planning
- Personal United Service Corps program advisor
Fees do not include:
- Personal spending money for gifts, snacks, souvenirs, etc.
- Passport fees or vaccinations
A $100.00 non-refundable application fee and deposit is required when you submit your application. This $100.00 will be credited toward your trip fees. Fifty percent of the remaining balance is due two months before your departure and the final fifty percent payment is due 30 days before your trip departure date. This money is refundable with a 30 day cancellation notice. Anything less than 30 days prior to the departure date is not fully refundable since most of the trip will already have been booked.